Life at Finless Foods
We at Finless Foods are a group of enthusiastic people charting a new course. As an early-stage company, we look to change the global commercial fishing trade by inventing ways to produce high-quality seafood without environmental trade-offs.
Our people are innovative, collaborative, inspired by our cause, and pushing the cutting edge of science. If you believe in our mission and want to help achieve our goals, we encourage you to send us a cover letter and resume.
About the Role
As a Laboratory Manager you will be responsible for day-to-day laboratory operations to keep research running smoothly and focused. The pace of work will be dynamic, fast and fun. You will closely work with the members of the R&D groups to implement and facilitate various management, regulatory, and safety procedures in the facility. You will be the “go to” person for laboratory management – which may require rebalancing of work within the laboratory to meet changing priorities while providing space for our scientists to focus on the job at hand. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Establish operational systems and protocols that ensure the smooth operation of a dynamic, growing R&D laboratory
- Establish a safety monitoring and reporting committee to implement good lab practices (GLP) and maintain zero work-related injuries
- Ensure laboratory compliance to the rules and guidance set by the regulatory EH&S agencies; Maintain records (e.g., SDS and MSDS) as required by regulatory agencies
- Ensure required permits for laboratory operations are obtained, up to date and establish an appropriate filing system
- Responsible for ordering and stocking laboratory supplies, laboratory inventory tracking, cell bank inventory maintenance, shipping/receiving and other laboratory-related matters
- Responsible for maintenance and tracking of laboratory supply and cell bank inventory in the electronic laboratory notebook (ELN) system
- Work with third party vendors on procurement, sourcing, negotiating, purchasing, service contracts, equipment repair and maintenance
- Oversee general housekeeping of the laboratory and ensure cleanliness and orderliness of the laboratory
- Develop and maintain SOPs and train research staff as needed.
About You: Education & Experience
- A degree in biology, life sciences or related fields. B.S. with 4+ years or M.S. with 2+ years of laboratory management experience in the biotechnology or biopharmaceutical industry
- 2+ years of supervisory experience to an intern/work study student is desirable
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent organizational and people skills with the ability to build strong relationships and influence people at all organizational levels
- Proven ability to work both autonomously and as a team member in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in BSL1 and BSL2 laboratory management, SDS and MSDS maintenance and working with the EH&S regulatory agencies
- Experience with animal tissue culture, molecular biology techniques, cell imaging, automated liquid dispensing platforms, immunocytochemistry and biochemistry assays
- Familiarity with G suite/MS Office and an electronic laboratory notebook (ELN) system is desirable
- Experience in establishing a GMP laboratory facility is a plus
- Excellent organization and communication skills, written and oral in English
- Great team player with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
This position involves working primarily in a laboratory setting. As such this position requires the ability to stand or sit at the bench, the use of standard laboratory equipment as well as computers and office equipment. The position requires communication with other individuals through a variety of methods.Apply for this Job