Manager of Corporate Communications and Public Affairs
Finless is an early-stage startup, looking to change the global commercial fishing trade by inventing ways to produce high-quality seafood without harmful environmental or social impacts.
Our people are innovative, inspired by our cause, and pushing the cutting edge of science. If you swim upstream, are collaborative, and thrive in a sea of data, please send a cover letter and CV.
MANAGER OF CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS AND PUBLIC AFFAIRS
This position will have two main purposes. The first is to represent the company publicly in various forums, convenings, and strategic meetings, functioning as a spokesperson and public relations professional. The manager will work to build key partnerships with the wider conservation movement, including ocean and seafood conservation organizations and thought leaders in the sector. The manager will raise the profile of Finless Foods, and will work to ensure that the company is positioned favorably in the policy sphere and the conservation sector to ensure the success of our strategy, mission, and team. This position will help us create a community filled with fantastic people who can help us build a world-class team.
The second purpose of this position is to engage key partners in service of regulatory reform, including key policy initiatives and processes relevant to Finless Foods. This means being our point person with the newly formed Association for Meat Poultry and Seafood Innovation as well as work with our regulatory and policy advisors to create a cohesive strategy for Finless to get to market in our target geographies.
- BS or MS in public policy or related field, ocean-related policy experience a plus
- Knowledge of and networks in the conservation sector
- Excellent communications skills, including public speaking experience/ability
- Networking skills, people skills, strong verbal presence and communication skills
- Excellent written communication
- Resourceful, well organized, highly dependable, efficient and detail-oriented
- Well-versed in Microsoft Office applications and G Suite
- Working knowledge of the emerging cellular agriculture industry, the players within it, and the current regulatory environment not required but definitely a plus
- Must be okay with frequent travel
Job type: Full-time
Work Location: 75% Emeryville, CA, 25% Domestic and international travel
Work authorization: United States (Required)
Benefits: Healthcare, vision, dental, unlimited PTO, changing the worldApply for this Job